You may be entitled to door-to-door public paratransit. You can commute by taxi, adapted taxi or paratransit bus, depending on your needs and on the resources available at the time you need the service. Consult the eligibility criteria.
Reserve, modify or cancel your commute
To register for paratransit services, you will need to fill out a request for admission. Reservations can be booked up to 2 weeks in advance at 450 433-4000.
Local commuting is available:
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays, if the reservation is made no later than 12 (noon) on the day before;
- Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays, if the reservation is made no later than 10 a.m. on the Friday before.
Commutes with a destination outside the territory must be booked within the following times:
- Mondays and Saturdays, for any reason, if the reservation is made no later than 12 (noon) on the Thursday before;
- From Tuesday to Friday: for medical reasons, as per stated list by reserving at least two days before the day of the commute
- From Monday to Friday:
- The departure must be between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., or after 4:30 p.m.
- The return trip must be between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. or after 5:00 p.m.
- No return trips on call are authorized.
For more details on reservation, modification or cancellations.
Payment for commuting (whether inbound or outbound) must be made at the time of boarding. The transporter type may be different for the inbound and outbound trips.
- In cash: $5,00
- Six-ticket strip: $27,00
- Virtual monthly pass: $125,00
- Metropolitan commutes: $15,00
Free for children:
- Children 5 or younger: free
- Children 6 to 11 years old: free if accompanied by an adult paying regular fare
Rules for commuters
There are some rules you must follow when you use the paratransit service:
- The driver will pick you up and drop you off at the main entrance of your residence or your destination. You must know in advance what architectural barriers the driver may encounter during the drive, and you must be able to surmount them alone or with the help of someone other than the driver.
- In addition, the driver is not permitted to climb more than three consecutive steps or get into an elevator.
- You must be ready 15 minutes before the arranged departure time.
- If you have not shown up after five minutes, the driver will call the dispatcher, who in turn will automatically cancel the commute.
- If there is no person in charge at the destination address, the driver will bring the passenger back to his or her point of departure and the fees will be invoiced.
- Under no circumstances may a passenger change the driver's route.
- Seatbelts are compulsory.
- Three- and four-wheel mobility scooters and geriatric chairs must have adequate anchoring points. Such installations are at the user's expense. Also, passengers using three- and four-wheel scooters must be able to move themselves over to the bench on their own. Drivers may refuse to transport passengers who fail to comply with these rules.
- Eating on board is prohibited, except with special authorization.
- Luggage, grocery bags or shopping bags that do not occupy additional space in the vehicle are allowed..
- The driver is not required to carry bags.
- All passengers must remain civil and none may unduly delay or impede the proper functioning of the service.
- Failure to comply with any of these policies may lead to the immediate suspension of the paratransit service.